Thursday, September 13, 2012

Missions- Past Postings of "Philippines Ministry Updates Vol 1, 2, 3, 4"

Past postings from October 2011- January 2012


Philippines Ministry Updates Vol 1, 2, 3, 4

____________________________________________________
Vol 4
1/15/12


 Choose Your Battles Wisely Little Puppy


"Hello shorty. Will you ever get bigger?"
"Hey Mr. Pig. What's for dinner? Pork?"

Kidz4Jesus Ministry 1/14/12


 Hanging Out Before We Start

 Scripture Memory Verse

 Closing My Message on Salvation With Animated Pics

 I preached a salvation message and possibly 40 or so prayed to repent of their sins and receive Jesus. I will see what kind of fruit is produced in the up and coming months.

 First Sunday Morning Church Service

Yesterday Saturday we had around fifty children and adults show up for Kidz 4 Jesus.
This morning was the first Sunday morning church service of an unexpected church plant. God spoke to me to ask if they wanted one on Sunday mornings and many did as they were to busy trying to survive that to get ready and go away to a church. So we gave them church there as we will every Sunday morning. We started out only with mostly children and a couple adults but ended with a total of about 30-35 people. I think this is good for the first time as we are going against a strong religious tradition for most of them. It's hard for people to accept change to something new but they responded well.

 



Ministry is growing very fast as well as the need as we are having them revealed to us.

This morning after our first Sunday morning church service at the little village in the Barangay where we minister to the children I was made aware of some great needs.


YUCK? 


Before the service I noticed that many of the children were scratching their heads and some picking through each others hair. It was so bad I began to itch thinking I knew what was going on. LICE! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the meeting I asked some of the mothers what were the greatest needs that were there. They said rice was the greatest need, for food to eat. Then of course the lice and then one held up their little baby girl to me to show me these deep festering wounds which were ant bites. I've suffered a few of these and they burn and itch and take forever to heal.
Another need I saw was the need for some of the little ones for clothing and sandals. By the grace of God with my limited provision I will meet these needs as best as possible but also teach them in the coming months what the Bible says about prospering.



1/19/12

Meeting the Need
Yesterday Elijah's Cry met the needs we saw Sunday to the best of our abilities.
It's really amazing how I am being supported to live here in the Philippines, pay my bills back in the US every month and help a few hungry and hurting people here with only 4-5 monthly regular supporters. Now it's very tight and I have to stay on budget but by God's grace I do it. Can you imagine what I could do if 100 more gave monthly? The need here is real and people are hungry for food and God.

150 Kilos/330lbs of Rice Given Away 










We gave 30 families 5 Kilos/11lbs of rice each. I started out with only 100 kilos but as the word spread I had to joyfully go buy another 50 kilos. It isn't much but it will feed them for a day or two and help them a lot. All of them were very thankful and very happy to receive.
Elijah's Cry is a give a fish and teach to fish ministry. We show our love with actions to help needs and also teach the word of God on how to be able to personally walk in God's provision. So by the grace of God this little ministry fed over 120 people for a couple of day. Just imagine what we can do once we have hundreds of more supporters and intercessors?

The Lice Will Die This Weekend

 Today I bought Lice Killer Shampoo for 20 plus children and some 
medicine for the babies who have festering ant bites. 
I will pass this out this Saturday at the Kidz4Jesus meeting.
Please keep praying and giving so I can help many many more. This group I'm ministering to is just a small hand full out of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands on these two islands who need Jesus and physical help.

Pastor Steve 


Vol 3

12/23
Christmas in the Philippines
It's just a few days before my first Christmas in the Philippines. Christmas is a big deal here as the stores have had out Christmas stuff and music since I arrived. I was told this begins in September every year.

My last update was a while ago because of travels but I've just sent out the December e-News Brief informing everyone on all that has been happening up to the date I sent it.

Radio Program Possible
I am going to visit a local radio station next week to discuss a half hour to hour program on Sunday afternoons beginning on January 8, 2012. Please keep this in your prayers.

Where Did the Bajau Go?
Yesterday I went to Tagbilaran City to minister to the Bajau but they were no where to be found. I think they might have been run out of the city because of the holidays and many of the Filipinos despise them because they are Filipino and they beg on the streets.

First Children's Ministry on Our Little Island, Panglao
This morning I printed some children's tracts from a website on Jesus' birthday, added to them the tract I had made last month for the parents and with a bag of small chocolate bars went out to find some children. I found a group of about 8-10 children and got permission from one of the mothers in a hut to give them the candy and tracts. They enjoyed and seem to like me the white foreigner. I got permission to return soon for more substantial ministry on a regular basis. A couple days ago as I road through the small town of Panglao God spoke to me to begin children's ministry there. A Filipino here told me to go in the future to the Barangay captain and get permission to do ministry weekly.
*A barangay (Filipino: baranggay, [baran' gai]) is the smallest administrative division in the Philippines and is the native Filipino term for a village, district or ward. Municipalities and cities are composed of barangays, and they may be further subdivided into smaller areas called purók (English: zone), and sitio, which is a territorial enclave inside a barangay, especially in rural areas 
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The plan now is to reach out on the weekends to 2-4 Brangays here on Panglao beginning in January 2012.
At the end of my time with the children a lady in a very small hut called out to me for prayer. She had a very high fever. I prayed in Jesus Name and the fever was gone.
While on my way home today from the children's ministry I had some guys in their early 20's yell out to me. This happens a lot. I turned around and spoke to them and gave them tracts and gave them my phone number to text me. They were drinking so I will wait a couple day to contact them to see if they want to hear more about what I have to say. Then since I had a couple tracts and some candy left I stopped along the road and gave them to 3 girls who looked like they were in grade school. Everyone seemed to be very thankful for what I gave them, even the drunk guys.







Vol 2
11/15
Yesterday just 5 minutes before I was to leave to go to the ship I would be sailing on last night I got a call canceling the voyage until Wednesday because of some problem they were fixing on the ship. Thank God for His protection.

Praying to Bring Life to a Spiritual Dead Zone
Since I'm been here I can't remember one time feeling the presence of God even so slightly. Today I realized by the grace of God I was living on a small island with no God at all. Bohol has a very strong religious influence over it but here on Panglao there is nothing. No God. Not even a fake one. This island is a spiritual dead zone, a wasteland, desert place and wilderness. It's hard to pray and even desire God, it's so bad.

Well this morning by the unction of the Holy Spirit I put on the compilation of revival messages called Revival Fire 1 and began to finally in weakness call out to God using the word of God I know. Within a half an hour He was here and the fire had fallen in my apartment and on me. I will teach more about this soon. So God's Presence is here now finally with me and there is at least a small open heaven to begin with. Thank You, Jesus!
It's all about relationship and history with Him.


11/13/11
Trip to Cagayan and Gingoog
First I must apologize to those who might have tried to give to this ministry through PayPal. I've called twice and they give me lame answers as to why credit cards aren't being accepted. I have set up a Google Checkout account which, God willing will be working buy the 18th.
Tomorrow I travel on a ferry overnight to Cagayan to go personally to the dump-site to see whatever God desired to reveal to me. I will be there in the city fo 2 days.
Then on Thursday morning I will take a bus to go to Gingoog to visit with Pastor Condeza and family and possibly minister in their church and on the streets to some children.


11/09/11
A Very Sobering Experience
Today I went to the streets in the city to feed the street children again. It was going well as they swamped me eventually but I needed more snacks. I went to a fruit stand to buy some oranges and they had followed me. All of a sudden from no where a man with a small rubber whip began to hit them and drive them away as if they were animals. By the grace of God I kept my mouth shut because this isn't my country and I'm subject to their authority. He was some type of city official with a tee shirt with a title on it and I guess in charge of keeping the streets in order. Maybe he thought he was helping me because I don't think he knew I was feeding them. Then it got worse as I walked around the block to try to find them off the main street and give them more food. Across the street there was a long line at the ATM at the mall and the look of disdain they had for me as I gave a way the rest of the little bit of food, suprised me.  
Today I saw that many of the Filipinos despised and maybe even hated these street kids and the few adults and wanted nothing to do with them. It was a very sobering experience but I will use it in prayer now.







11/06/11
God spoke to me about making tracts to pass out whenever I'm out and about. By God's provision there was enough finances in the bank to buy a new printer, ink and paper. I have made a tract mostly from a www.raycomfort.com tract which uses the Law of God. I am also having it translated into the Cebuano language. One side with English and on the other side with Cebuano, so locals and foreigners can both be blessed with the good news.
Here is the simple tract below. Fell free to use for your own evangelism.

At Alona Beach Today

God’s Perfect Love for You
John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.                                                                                                            

The God of the universe loves you so much He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ down from heaven to earth to die for you.
Romans 3: 23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
 Romans 5: 12  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—                        
The first man Adam sinned and  all have sinned against God by breaking God’s commands.
Romans 6: 23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.   
Sin has a reward of God’s punishment in hell but Jesus Christ have given us a way out.                                                                                                  
 Exodus 20 lists God’s commandments
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me. (Have you always loved God above all else?)                                                                                                    
  2. You shall not make yourself an idol. (Have you made a god in your mind that you're more comfortable with, a god to suit yourself?)
  3. You shall not take God's name in vain. (Have you ever used God's holy Name as a cuss word?)
  4. Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and mother.
  6. You shall not murder. (God considers hatred to be as murder).
  7. You shall not commit adultery. ("Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart" Matthew 5:27-28; this also includes sex before marriage).
  8. You shall not steal. (Have you ever stolen anything? the value of the item is irrelevant).
  9. You shall not lie. (Have you lied even once? Including answering these questions).
  10. You shall not covet. (Have you ever jealously desired what belongs to others?)            
  11. The Bible says that God will punish all murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, etc. He will even judge our words and thoughts. On Judgment Day, will you be found to be guilty or innocent of breaking His commandments? 
Perhaps you think that God is good, and will therefore overlook your sins. But it is His goodness that will make sure that murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, etc. receive justice. He would be a corrupt Judge if He turned a blind eye to injustice. Have you kept the Commandments?                                                                                                                                                                   The Bible says that the Law is perfect. It commands you to be perfect (Matthew 5:48). Are you perfect (in thought, word, and deed)? Will you make it to Heaven? You may say that you are still good, but God says you're not (see Psalm 14:2-3). So one of you is lying, and the Scriptures tell us that it is impossible for God to lie. Remember that all liars will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8). God's Law demands justice, and the penalty for sinning against Him is death and Hell. Listen carefully if you want to live. God Himself made a way where His justice and His goodness could meet. We broke the Law, but He became a man to pay the fine. Jesus suffered and died on the cross to satisfy the Law. God can forgive us and grant us the gift of everlasting life! But you may still think that you can (from now on) keep the Ten Commandments. But isn't it true that the best of us have lied, stolen, lusted, hated, failed to love God above all else, and failed to love our neighbor as ourselves?                                                                                                                      When Jesus said to "believe" on Him, He was saying we should have faith in Him, in the same way you would trust a parachute to save you when you jump from plane.                                                                                                                                     
God loves you so much and doesn't want you to go to Hell. Neither do you want to go there, so confess your sins to God right now, turn from your sins by not doing them any more, put your trust in Jesus to save you, and you will pass from death to life. Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read. (See John 14:21). Your obedience to God is the proof of your love. Have faith in God, He will never fail you.                                                                       
Pray something like this: "Dear God, today I turn away from all of my sins (name them). This day I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He is the only way for me to be saved. He is 'The way, the truth, and the life.'" Please forgive me, change my heart, and grant me Your gift of everlasting life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."                                                                                                                                
11/02/11 
Tuesday was the first day of preaching the gospel to a small group of people located close the the mall. They all live is a small area in the bush in make shift huts and no running water.
I preached a very short gospel message to a few adults and children probably 20 or more. All prayed to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior but only God knows those who were saved. A few were Christians already.
I prayed for a few adults and they were healed immediately of many infirmities.
After the time of ministry we fed them a sandwich and drink.
I have been invited to minister at one of the lady's Assemblies of God Church and I have an open door to return any time to minister to the group of families.
Also there was a young man there who is saved already and 16 years old whom I will be training in ministry beginning this month.









10/30/11
Brand New Ministry Motorcycle/Scooter
This was a very quick answer to prayer as it is my only means of transport on both islands for everyday life, food and ministry.



10/28/11
There are a few new and good things that have happened. Yesterday I found after much searching the place to begin to mininister to a few poor families with over 20 children close to the mall north of Tagbilaran. Boy was I sent on many wild goose chases as I was directed here and there and there and here by the locals. By the grace of God I ended up at a pace I was familiar with and there was a small cluster of poor families. went and talked with the father of one of the families and we have planed to go Tuesday morning to do our first feeding and ministry time with the parents and children.
The purchase of the 125 cc XRM Honda for the ministry will happen tomorrow, Saturday. Dee Heilman has given $700 towards the purchase and I will us the other $900 from the savings. It would be great for the $900 to come in to pay back the savings soon.

Today I went to the immigration office for the first time and gt my first visa extension for $71 which carries me until 12/13/11. The next one will be over $150 because I need to also purchase an ID card.
Next week I am planning to venture out into the Island of Bohol to look for more people to minister to; possibly in the mountains.


10/26/11
Here are some pics and a short video of the first day of ministry in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines.
I was told many of these children and parents come down from the mountains to beg and are despised by many of the locals.
When we got to the large group I had to slow them down with a hand signal because they were grabbing at the food.
I hope and pray we can do a lot more for all these and more. Soon I will try to go into the mountains where they come from to minister.








No comments:

Post a Comment